Music Theory is usually viewed as a boring and unnecessary subject. Practical application of music theory in today’s diverse musical world is essential in this studio. Music Theory can be fun!
What do we offer:
- Basic to advanced levels of music theory.
- Individual or small-group theory lessons. Tailored to individual need.
- Classical or Jazz/American popular music theory, or combination of both.
- Preparation for university music entrance theory exams: Undergraduate level or post-graduate level.
- Preparation for any other public music theory exams.
- Consultation and tutoring of college-level music theory for Music Majors.
- Integration of written theory and aural training.
- Application of music theory to live practice.
- Theory or composition pedagogy to music teachers.
Benefits to Students:
- Pre-college students who are taking private instrumental or vocal lessons: Improvement of musicianship and learning progress. Preparation for the music program in college.
- Non-college students or amateur musicians who are taking private instrumental or vocal lessons: Enhancement of musical knowledge and professional training of musicianship, which are normally offered in a university music program.
- Performing musicians: Enhancement of musicianship, musical interpretation, and appreciation through deeper understanding of musical structure and styles.
- Students at all ages who are interested in pursuing music composition: Solid music theory foundation would be necessary.
- Music teachers: Enhancement of theory pedagogy in music classrooms or studios.